Tuesday, May 17, 2011

First Entry!

So I thought that it would be a good idea to start a blog to share my adventures in Ghana with friends and family, and to remember my trip by. My goal is to post every couple of days and include photos and videos from my trip.

So here are some basics of my trip to get started:

-My trip runs from June 1st-July 5th
-I'm doing independent research on continuing education for females (what factors affect the decision to continue past primary school)
-I'll be staying with 13 other fellows and 3 leaders
-I'll be living at a school/agriculture site - it's a sustainable school model where the students work on the agriculture project to raise money for their school
- There no running water at the school, but there is wireless internet (weird?)
-I'll have e-mail, facebook, twitter, and my blog so stay in touch! I'd love to hear from you

I don't know too much more about my trip just now, but I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment